This article will tell you how to play "Summoner Master" straight from the rulebook.
There are 2 types of cards in Summoner Master : Seal, in which at the back of the card is blue, and Mystic Card, in which at the back of the card is red.
Seal Cards represent creatures such as monsters, dragons, knights, etc. Mystic Cards represent spells that support your game, and/or play tricks on your opponent.
Before playing, you must have a Deck contains at least 30 Seal Cards and 30 Mystic Cards.
Seal and Mystic Cards
- Name of Seal
- Type(s) of Seal
- Element of Seal
- Level of Seal
- Mp Cost of Seal: The first one is a Summoning Mp. The second one is an Attacking Mp. (Skill สั่งตี ถ้าไม่บอกให้จ่ายค่าตี ไม่ต้องจ่าย)
- Picture of Seal
- Attack of Seal. Used when battles at At Line.
- Defense of Seal. Used when battles at Df Line.
- Speed of Seal. When Seals battles, if both Seals have the same At (Battling at At Line) or one Seal's At is equal to another Seal's Df (Battling at Df Line), the Seal with higher Speed wins.
- Rarity of Seal. On most boosters: White=Common, Green=Uncommon, Yellow=Rare.
- 1st Combination. When a Seal combines the written Seal Type(s)/Element(s)/N(s)/Seal Name(s), it gets new At/Df/Sp and Attacking Mp.
- 2nd Combination. a Seal can have more than 1 combination.
- Text Box of Seal. It shows you Seal's Skill, Ability, etc.
- Growth/Regeneration Box of Seal. It shows you Growth/Regeneration condition(s) and Skill, and/or Ability that obtains after Growth/Regeneration.
- Name of Mystic Card
- Type of Mystic Card (Tarot, Relic, Place, Devas, or Revelation)
- Picture of Mystic Card
- Spelling Mp of Mystic Card.
- Interfere. It shows you whether the Mystic Cards can be played at anytime or not.
- Rarity. On most boosters: White=Common, Green=Uncommon, Yellow=Rare.
- Turns. A turn(s) that the Mystic Card remains on the Arena.
- Pasted. It shows what a Mystic Card is pasted to. (PS = On Seal, PA = On Arena, PM = On Mystic Card, No Target)
- Text Box of Mystic Card. It shows you Mystic Card's Skill, Ability, etc.
- Exception. The Mystic Card cannot use with the stated condition(s) of Seals, or Mystic Cards.
Deck size and limit
- You must have a Deck contains at least 30 Seal Cards and 30 Mystic Cards.
- You can only have a Level-1 Seal up to 4 of the same card in your Deck.
- You can only have a Level-2 Seal up to 4 of the same card in your Deck.
- You can only have a Level-3 Seal up to 3 of the same card in your Deck.
- You can only have a Level-4 Seal up to 3 of the same card in your Deck.
- You can only have a Level-5 Seal up to 2 of the same card in your Deck.
- You can only have a Mystic Card up to 2 of the same card in your Deck.
Types and Elements of Seal
Types of Seal
- Dragon's egg
Elements of Seal
Types and Pasting of Mystic Cards
Types of Mystic Cards
Pasting of Mystic Cards
MP cost is costs you pay to order Seal and/or Mystic Card to attack, use Skill, summon Seal, or spell Mystic Card.
Each turn is split into 2 parts: Attack Subturn and Defense Subturn. The Attack Subturn is in your turn. The Defense Subturn is in your opponent's turn.
The game play
In the beginning of the game, each players shuffle their Decks. Then they decide who starts first. Each player draws 5 Seals and 2 Mystic Cards. Then the game begins.
A Player's Turn (Attack Subturn)
- Check Up Step (You have to choose whether you want to Progress and/or Regeneration or not)
- Draw Step (You draws 1, or 2 Cards. First turns of each player does not get to draw cards. Skip this Step in the first Attack Subturn of both players).
- Discard Step (if you have more than 7 cards in your Hand, you discards choosen card(s) until you have 7 cards in your Hand)
- Interfere Step (both players can spell interfere cards, or order Seals and/or Mystic Cards to use interfere Skill in this step)
- Main Step (In your Attack Subturn Main Step, you can order Seals and/or Mystic Card, sumoning Seals, and/or spelling Mystic Card. In your Defense Subturn Main Step, you cannot do them)
- (Player ends their turn)
- Interfere Step
- Mp Clean Up & Fill Up Step (You loses the rest of your Mp, then you gains Mp equal to your maximum MP or Mp Max)
- End of Subturn Step (End of Attack Subturn)
- Start of Defense Subturn
In a normal condition, a Seal can attack only if it is at At Line. A Seal can only attack to Df Line while there are no Seals at the opponent's At Line.
When an attacking Seal battles a Seal at At Line, compare the value of the attacking Seal's At with the other Seal's. The Seal which has the lower At value is destroyed. If they have the same At value, compare their Sp value with each other. The Seal which has the lower Sp value is destroyed. If they have the same At and Sp values, the battle is draw, and both Seals are destroyed.
When an attacking Seal battles a Seal at Df Line, compare the value of the attacking Seal's At with the value of the other Seal's Df. If the At value is higher than the Df value, the attacked Seal is destroyed. If the At value is lower than the Df value, no Seals are destroyed. If the At value is equal to the Df value, compare their Sp values with each other. If the value of the attacking Seal's Sp is higher than the other Seal's, the attacked Seal is destroyed. If the value of the attacking Seal's Sp is equal to or lower than the other Seal's, no Seals are destroyed.
"(Inf)" means you can use these Skills any time that have interfere steps.
"(_ Line)" means that Seal must be in the _ line in order to use this Skill.
"(Mp _)" means you must pay Mp _ in order to use this Skill.
"(Charge _)" means that card must pay its Charge _ in order to use this Skill.
Abilities work all time, or in certain conditions. You don't have to order for them to work.
Combination is a state of Seal in which one Seal combines with other one or two Seal(s). When Seals are combining, you have to put Seals you have to combine each other into one pile. A main Seal is a Seal that is above other Seal(s). A support Seal is a Seal that is under a main Seal.
Combination is used for increasing the Main Seal's At and/or making the Skills/Ablilities conditions right.
- In 1 turn, a player can order a Seal to combine another Seal(s) once.
- In 1 turn, a player can "break" combination a combined Seal once.
- You must have the right Seals in order to perform the combination.
- Once a player has combined a Seal, they cannot break combination that Seal.
Rules of Combination
- A Seal that has just been played cannot be a "support seal" combination. A "support-seal" is a Seal under the main Seal when in a combination.
- A combination has 2 states: Double Combination and Triple Combination
- Double Combination means a main Seal has only 1 "support seal".
- Triple Combination means a main Seal had 2 "support seals".
- Breaking Combination can only happen once per Subturn.
- When a Seal breaks combination, the "support seal(s)" will be in the same Line as the main Seal.
Attack All, Skill All and Attack Many Times
Very similar to Attack All. When you use a Skill All, it affects all of your opponent's Seals, no exception.
Attack Many Times
Attack to Hand
When your opponent has no more Seals left, you can attack to your opponent's hand. You can attack a Seal or Mystic Card in your opponent's hand, and that card immediately goes to the Shrine (will be explained later) without calculating the At, Df Sp etc. You can attack to your opponent's hand only once per turn.
When a Seal is lost from a battle, effect, it goes to the Shrine. If the overall Level of Seals in the Shrine reaches Shrine Max, you lose the game.
When a card has been removed (moved to the Remove Zone), it is considered to be "Removed Out of the Game".
Active & Inactive Seal
- When a new Subturn starts, all of your Seal becomes Active Seal. It means that you can do anything with that Seal. When you order that Seal to use Skill or attack, it becomes Inactive Seal. An Inactive Seal cannot do anything and must wait until the End of Subturn Step.
- An Inactive Seal cannot combine with another Seal and cannot change Line.
- If a Seal combines, breaks combination, and/or changes Line, it won't become Inactive Seal. So it is recommended to do those before attacking or using skill.
1 Seal can change Line only once per Subturn. You can change line only during your Attack Subturn.
It is another way of destroying, or play tricks on your opponent's Seals and it can be another way of winning instead of attacking.
- Poison Curse: A Poison Cursed Seal is destroyed when the turns that indicates on the Curse ends.
- Stone Curse: A Stone Cursed Seal cannot attack, use skill, combine, break Combination, or change Line. But its ability still works.
- Freeze Curse: A Freeze Cursed Seal goes to the Df Line and cannot change a Line and attack, but It can use Skill, combine, or break Combination if the conditions are correct. Its ability still works.
- Last Dance Curse: A Last Dance Cursed Seal gets an effect(s) that indicates on the Curse such as "gets At +...", "gets an ability ...", and is destroyed when the turns that indicates on the Curse ends.
- Death Curse: A Death Cursed Seal is destroyed immediately.
- Charm Curse: A Charm Cursed Seal is taken control by the player who use the card effect to Charm Curse it. It can attack or change Line but cannot combine, break Combination, using Skill, or attack to Hand. A Charm Cursed Seal is still in the card owner's Arena, and the card owner designate the effect of a Charm Cursed Seal that refers to "you" or do not refer to anyone.
- Dimension Curse: A Dimension Curse d Seal is still on the Arena, but is not in any Line. It cannot attack, use skill, combine, break Combination, or change Line. It cannot be selected as an attack target, but can be selected as Skills/Abilities target of Seal and Mystic Card. When an effect of a Dimension Curse is gone, the card owner has to designate a Line of that Seal card.
Interfere Skills on Seals and Mystic Cards have this symbol on it.
This means that the Seal's Skill or Mystic Card can be used anytime that have Interfere Step (The Interfere Steps that is frequently used is the Interfere Step during attacking, using Skill, combining Seal, breaking Seal's Combination, changing Seal's Line, Spelling Mystic Card, Summoning Seal, Cursing Seal, and a card going to the Shrine). But if it is used on a Seal, when it finishes, it becomes an Inactive Seal.
How to Win
There are several ways to win in the game.
- If your opponent havs no Seal in his/her Arena for the whole Attack Subturn, you win.
- If the overall Level of Seals in the opponent Shrine reaches Shrine Max, you win.
- If your opponent has no more cards to draw, you win.
These are the basic rules for Summoner Master. If you want to know about special engines, see the list below.
List of special engines